Phew… It’s been one crazy week. I find that short weeks always are. But when you factor in a trip to TO for various errands and a dr’s appointment, furious editing of The Novel, a completely impromptu home reno project (which I detail in this week’s Glamanomics post) along with everything else life throws at you, let’s just say I find it hard to believe that it’s Friday already. The worst part about this week? Not having the time to bake! Plus with the humidity in the air feeling very much like you’ve constantly stepped out of a steaming shower no matter where you are, it would have been impossible to bake and not hurt anyone.
But the best part of the week was this morning waking up to a One Lovely Blog award nomination, courtesy of Daily Frosting. How sweet (no pun intended…ok, maybe just a little) is that? However, this award comes with conditions, as outlined on her post. Those conditions are as follows:
1. Give credit to the awesome person who nominated you.
2. Describe 7 things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers.
So, first things first: a huge Thank You to April from Daily Frosting for the nod in my direction. They say that any attention is good attention, but I think I would rather be known for some of the more positive things I’ve contributed. This blog, although not always cupcakes and ice cream in its subject matter, would be one of those things. And on a week when I’ve been too busy to blog and maybe started to beat myself up over it, this kind of encouragement comes at exactly the right moment!
Now for the harder part. Seven things about myself…hmmm.
1. I named my blog Seven Aprons after the aprons I have managed to accumulate in just a few short months. I received four of them alone this past Christmas, so to encourage me to continue with the baking that was acting as a form of therapy for me at the time (and still does), while another one was a gift from a friend of mine that I originally met on Twitter. I picked up only two on my own.
2. I have a six and a half year old Boston Terrier who is the baby girl I’ll never have. I call sometimes call her Sausage or Piglet, so she probably has no clue what her actual name is anymore. Cute, but not so bright.
3. I’m a recovering Goth, although you wouldn’t know it given the large amount of pink I’m known to wear.
4. Speaking of pink, it’s my favourite colour.
5. I’m a redhead by choice, not by birth.
6. I find it difficult to accept compliments or talk about myself in the positive, which could explain why I’m struggling now to find a 7th point. Oh, but wait – just had an idea…
7. The reason I started this blog was an effort to try to break those bad habits mentioned in the previous point, as well as document – for better or worse – some of the large amount of baking I do.
Okay, so SO glad that’s over with. Now onto the 15 bloggers I wish to nominate. Hmmm… All right, there are so many wonderful peeps to choose from, I’m just going to try to make this as arbitrary as possible.
It will also be completely their call on accepting or not since this could be misconstrued as an Internet version of the Eighties chain letter, although seeing as this is my first-ever award I prefer to look at it as more of a ‘pay it forward’, good karma sort of thing. Anyhoo – on with the show!
My Sweet Addiction
The Stay-at-Home Scientist
Lucky Lake Cakes
Maggie’s OneButt Kitchen
My Dear Bakes
The Sundress Chef
The Craving Chronicles
The Moonlight Baker
Wow..that’s 15 bloggers exactly! Please excuse me whilst I go pat myself on the back. Happy weekend, everyone!